Friday, September 18, 2015

Our Mothers Always Taught Us

You know, growing up I always thought my Mom knew everything. Heck, she knew when I was getting into something before I even had a chance to enjoy whatever it was I was getting into!  ;)  I watched my Mom cook, clean, serve, study to teach lessons and pray with our family. I paid close attention to how she did things...even tho I acted like I didn't!



There were some things that my Mom did that I was SURE I would NEVER do when I was a Mom... like turning into a wild woman when my brother got lost at the swap meet. And then, yep you guessed it...Pam Campbell popped right outta my mouth one day when I least expected it, and on many occasions since! (YES, I was the wild woman frantically searching for my son in Mervyn's a few years back!)

I am so grateful for a Mom that has lived and loved the Gospel. My Mom continues to set a good example! Today she is serving a full time mission with my Dad. They are in the Mississippi Jackson Mission right now, and loving it there....except for the humidity!  ;)  Now she gets to "Mother" young Elders and Sisters... gosh, aren't you glad that there are Senior Couples out there keeping our kids in line!?!?



I sure hope that I am the kind of Mom that when my kids look back, they will feel blessed for the things that have been taught in our home! I am not nearly as good at cleaning, cooking or crafts as my Mom is, but I love my kids with all my heart!!!

~Heidi

PS A note to my kids: Running around like a stark raven lunatic does not help you find a lost child any quicker!  ;) ~MoM




55 comments:

  1. So great 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Great video! LOVE MM's!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! Our missionaries are feat warriors

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love!❤️💜💙💚💛💗💕

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this song "Our Mother's Taught us" It was written and sung by my brother Kory Kunz. check it out - Love this blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So great!! Love seeing all of those amazing missionaries!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the spirit you feel when watching these amazing missionaries

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the video and the enthusiasm of the missionaries 😃

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such an emotional video and music. Such a special time in my life when my stripling warrior was serving with all of this heart, might, mind, and strength. Thanks Heidi :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Guess what! Ian's first companion/trainer was Elder Austin McDonough whose mother emailed me soon after they became companions and she and I have been sporadically emailing ever since and President & Sis McDonough just came home from the Mississippi Jackson Mission in July AND I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT'S WHERE YOUR PARENTS ARE NOW! What a smaller world than I thought! Have they been there long enough to have known the McDonoughs? And another side note: Because our daughter, Erin, in Provo has a lot of classes on the day Hannah arrives in SLC, Sis McDonough is going to pick up Hannah and be her companion for the day, then drop her off in Provo at Erin's. (Hannah is going two days prior to reporting to the MTC)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome job ad usual! I love the music!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great video! Thanks for sharing it

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely love this! Thank you for giving us Momma's a place to come together as one.❤️

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love love love!!!!!💜💜

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love it!!! My missionary was in there 3 times!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great video as always 💕💕💕

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can't wait for another sisters missionaries video!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. "We do not doubt our mothers knew it." Love this

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very nice video. Did not recognize any missionaries in it, but I didn't expect to.
    First time finding the BLOG. Thanks for doing this. I enjoy the MM page on facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So glad you touched that button!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Didn't know there was a blog too! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nothing like being a missionary mom!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Never imagined how hard being a MM would be or the great blessing either! Love being a MM!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is my favorite of all the videos so far. I'm sure its because my missionary is in there 😉

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wonderful! So happy to have the support of this awesome group while my son serves in Washington.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I just love this group! Thanks ladies for all your efforts to keep us sane and distracted from mission our missionaries!...Especially on Mondays when it's 3:46 pm and we still haven't heard from them even though they wrote at 8:30 am last week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love this group! Nothing like being a MM and sharing experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Another great video! Heidi, you do such an amazing job! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  29. My son is leaving the MTC next week for Spain. I have loved the support from this group.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Heidi I either comment the same thing three times or I post nothing and think I have lol. So I'm going to try again. My Dd would love to see these videos but they can't click on any links besides lds.org. Not even Dropbox. I haven't even been able to email it because it was too big.. So--I finally chopped it in two segments and sent them as separate emails!! Any ideas for a better way? That one was the sisters one and she has been showing it all over Sacramento lol. So many she has served with were in that one even if only in passing at the mtc but they had such fun with it!! Maybe I should burn a disk? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete