Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Because I Have Been Given Much...

The other day I was doing my morning scripture study when my little guy came downstairs and plopped down beside me. I decided that I may as well include him in my studies-- it can never hurt, right??? So we read together 1 Nephi 7, this is the part of the Book of Mormon where Lehi has his boys go back to Jerusalem to get Ishmael's family, because he knew those boys would need wives. ;) But what do ya know, Laman and Lemuel got grumpy again and tied up Nephi, planning to leave him in the wilderness for wild animals to snack on (YIKES.) But, Nephi was smart and prayed to the Lord and asked Him to help him get out of this predicament. The Lord did bless him, and the bands were loosed and Nephi was safe for now!

I asked my son why he thought the Lord did that? And he answered "Even when you are in the hardest spots, Heavenly Father can always get you out." WOW-- outta the mouth of babes. He's right ya know... He loves me, and He loves you and He preforms miracles every day to help us out! And a lot of times those miracles come through someone else!  ;)


7 comments:

  1. Often times, I have found that our children have some wonderful and amazing insight. Many times they answer questions so simply that allows for each of us to understand. I believe your son's answer is a wonderful example of that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful video :) Service is a huge thing as a missionary. Each of my Elders have served, one had lots of baptisms, one only had one, the others we'll see, but they have all had lots of opportunities to serve and those that have come home are still serving :)
    Thank you for that! - Kathy Gittins

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures of love and service and joy! Makes your heart melt with great love of Jesus Christ our Savior! Music so pleasant to hear. TY

    ReplyDelete
  4. These missionaries are doing such a great service everywhere. The world is a better place because of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw my mish! He's been home two months and he has said that service is one of the things he loved most. They could just pick a day and say let's go find some service to do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for making and posting these videos. And for all the time and effort you put into helping missionary mom stay upbeat and encouraged. You are awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for making and posting these videos. And for all the time and effort you put into helping missionary mom stay upbeat and encouraged. You are awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete