Thursday, December 25, 2014

A Missionary Christmas

 (author unknown)


I skipped the sales after Thanksgiving. The thrill just wasn't there. No pictures taken with Santa Claus, My decorating has no flair. His presents are shoes, shirts, and ties, two suits and socks...no fun. I've bought him all white clothes because...
This year I'm giving Christ my son.

I've spent more time in the temple, my testimony stirred. I've reread November's Ensign, felt strength come from His words. Our family prays more frequently. My tears are quick to run. Abraham seems closer because,This year I'm giving Christ my son.

I wonder how those Lamanite mothers, gave their sons to war? Or how the pioneers chose Zion , their sacrifice was so much more. My loss will be his presence, I'll miss his smile a ton For two years we will pray for him,
I'm giving Christ my son.

I stare at his face when he's not looking. I memorize his eyes, their shine. He's always hungered for the part of him that makes his soul divine. The stories and lessons he always heard, his choice and mine are one. I'll put my faith in God's hand. This year,
I'm giving Him my son.

Past gifts have lost their glitter. I think I finally understand: Christ's birth should be celebrated by giving Him a hand. It's because I know Christ lives and reigns that all his packing's done. My gift has taken years to make, This year...
I'm giving Christ my son.

I know there's One who understands the sacrifice I'm making. Who knows the gift I willingly give, the toll it will be taking. For He has done it all before-- greater love, there could be none. For years ago God gave to me,
His only begotten son.

The hands I washed, the hands I held, the hands I taught to pray; Now knock on doors to find the ones who will listen to what he'll say. Because I know Christ needs him, until all the gathering's done, My gift has taken years to make.
This year...I'm giving Christ my son.








4 comments:

  1. Thanks Heidi, I loved it! Hope you had a merry Christmas!!

    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw this, it's awesome! I loved seeing all these great mish photos. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete